Become a volunteer
The Stroke Survivors Foundation is highly reliant on the efforts of volunteers to achieve the Foundation’s goals
Loosely a ‘social’ SSF Stroke Support Group need/s to provide the following in order to succeed:
- A Venue for weekly support meetings
- Furniture Tables and chairs
- Transport/ Vehicle ideally adapted for stroke survivors and Driver
- Provision of access to some Therapies, i.e. OT, Physio and Speech and assistive devices.
- Some Care givers if not attending with the stroke survivor
- And most Importantly Stroke Survivors to attend.
Additional Support skills are:
- Organising a working committee to achieve the above
- Support for local fund raising activities.
- Promotion of the group.
- Fielding general queries from the public.
So the SSF requires a variety of organisational and management skills for each group. Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to volunteer.