Adapt, Improvise and Prosper!
- 26th of April 2008, with a pre-stroke career history in IT, banking and property finance, which was suddenly cut short when, aged 37, suffered an Ischemic stroke which left him with a right hemiparesis and expressive aphasia. Within 8 months of hospital discharge, his business and marriage fell apart and crumbled.
- 2010, co-founded The Stroke Survivors Foundation (SSF) and subsequently, as an awareness, motivational and fundraising project, walked 2500 kms across South Africa. Bring it on! Campaign.
- 2013, was invited by the World Stroke Organisation (WSO) to participate as one of the seven member team who created the Global Stroke Bill of Rights (BOR).
- 2014, launch of the WSO Global Stroke Bill of Rights (BOR) in Istanbul.
- 2016, elected to the WSO board of Directors. https://www.world-stroke.org/about-wso/wso-board
- 2016 incubated and hatched the Blue Glove Initiative.
- 2019 – awarded a Fellowship of the World Stroke Organisation.